At Town Field Primary we recognise that art and creativity continues to change and often improve our world. Discussing and practising art helps us to understand why artists are driven to make sometimes beautiful, usually thoughtful, often challenging bold artworks. Encouraging inventive curiosity also helps to inform and better appreciate other lessons and activities in school. Children who have the freedom to express themselves will show an eagerness to learn about the world that they live in. We will provide the environment, materials and encouragement to ensure that our children can:
- access open-ended resources and different media that can easily be used in a variety of ways.
- discuss what tools, approaches and skills to use and what motivations a good artist.
- explain how art comes from observations, experiences and imagination
- safely explore a wide range of materials, tools and techniques
- share their achievements with others and discuss processes and ideas