Welcome to Town Field Primary School's foundation stage!
In our foundation stage classrooms we aim,
- To have fun playing and learning together
- To offer children an exciting curriculum, following the principles of the New Early Years Foundation Stage Framework
- To enable the children to develop their own interests and plan and initiate their own learning
- To develop positive and supportive relationships with parents and families
- To value and celebrate the richness of diversity through an understanding that all children and families are unique
- To nurture and develop children’s creativity and curiosity, giving them time to develop their own ideas
- To create a stimulating and challenging environment which engages children’s interests and promotes independence
In Foundation 2 the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum is used to guide and inform our planning. The curriculum is split into seven areas of learning.
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Education
- Understanding The World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Approaches To Learning
We approach all areas of the curriculum through play and also through focused teaching and activities. These are delivered both inside and the outdoor environment.
We have daily phonics, Mathematics and Literacy sessions as well as focused sessions which incorporate other areas of the Foundation Stage Curriculum.
The Foundation Unit is organised into small bays for each different area. Within these bays there are open shelves with access to resources.