Values & Ethos
A richly diverse and inclusive community, where all children are immersed in a love of learning and succeed in mind, body and spirit.
We aim for all our children to:
- Become highly motivated lifelong learners
- Be flexible and adaptable for the modern world
- Develop lively enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity
- Have self-confidence and high self-esteem
- Respect and value themselves, others and the environment
- Be able to work independently and collaboratively
- Achieve high standards in all areas of the curriculum
- Challenge themselves to do well
- Develop their creativity and unlock their creative potential
- Be confident 'word rich' communicators
- Be able to enjoy school and make friends
The Town Field 10 Skills for Life and Learning are at the heart of everything we do!
TF10 Quotes from our children and adults:
1. Challenge Yourself: We want our children to push themselves to the limit.
"I try my best in every subject and always try to push myself to be the best I can be." - Year 3 pupil
2. Take Care of Ourselves: Physical and mental well-being is important to everyone. We want our children to be proud of who they are and to ensure that they look after themselves to the highest possible standards.
"We are active in school and this makes me happy! I try to be healthy every day!" - Year 1 pupil
3. Respect: Without this, we have nothing. We want the children of Town Field to care for, understand and be there to support one another.
"At our school, we look out for one another and we treat everyone the same. We want to be friends and help each other." - Year 4 pupil
4. Creative Thinking: The broad and balanced curriculum at Town Field encourages our children to think creatively. Through art, music and sport, children can express themselves and release their potential.
"Expressing yourself creatively is fun! There are no rights or wrongs!" - Year 6 pupil
5. Keep Trying:
"Don't give up just because of what people said - use it as motivation to push harder!" - Mrs Raven
6. Manage Feelings: Every day will challenge us. How we deal with success, disappointment, and the ever-changing world is a skill that will set us up for life.
"This helps us keep everybody safe in school." - Year 2 pupil
7. Confident Communicator: To be able to express ourselves is one of our greatest gifts. To hold conversation, to meet new friends and to form relationships, are skills that we want all our children to develop.
"This skill fills me with confidence and I get better the more I do it. It makes me stronger." - Year 2 pupil
8. Problem Solving: Here at Town Field, we equip all our children with the tools to make successes out of the problems they may face, both academically and socially, now and in the future.
"This skill helps you on your journey to become a better adult." - Year 2 pupil
9. Teamwork: We want children at Town Field to have a strong teamwork ethos. Together everyone achieves more.
"Without this skill, it is harder to be successful." - Year 5 pupil
10. Reflect and Correct: We can all make mistakes. At Town Field, children understand that they help us to learn and develop.