Remote Learning Offer
September 2021 Update
Our remote learning package is still live and will continue to be used where a child or group has to self isolate. If you need your Seesaw login details again please contact the school office. We will also be putting homework activities on here as well.
Remote learning January 2021 update
We appreciate that all individual family circumstances are different. We have responded to this and your feedback by having a blended approach to our remote learning offer. Some parents have expressed concerns about the DFE requirements:
Schools are expected to provide remote education that includes either recorded or live direct teaching and should be of equivalent length to the core teaching pupils would receive in school. As a minimum that is:
- 3 hours a day for Key Stage 1 (years 1 and 2 when pupils are aged between 5 and 7)
- 4 hours a day for KS2 (years 3-6 when children are aged between 7 and 11)
If you do have concerns, please contact your class teacher via the school office. We can help with access to devices and get support for you.
Transferring our school curriculum to remote learning is a tricky task. We understand that the characteristics of good teaching are more important than the medium of delivery. We want to ensure that:
- pupils receive clear explanations
- teachers support growth in confidence with new material through scaffolded practice
- there are opportunities for application of new knowledge or skills
- we enable pupils to receive feedback on how to progress
We will use a mixture of ‘live teaching’, recorded lessons by the teacher and videos / tasks for the Oak National academy as well as regular zoom sessions to promote children’s sense of well-being.